Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Little Buddy

When Blake was diagnosed with his heart condition, we were told that there was a chance he would outgrow it and there was the chance that he would need surgery to fix it when he was 3 or 4 years old. I have been hoping and praying that he would outgrow it, but it looks like he is going to need the surgery, and because the medications are not controlling his heart rate like they should, he needs it now, not when he's 3 or 4. His cardiologist actually decided back in May to schedule it for August and it seemed so far away...well it's not so far away anymore! We went in for his pre-op appointment today and my "little" guy weighs 22 lbs 7 oz and is 31 1/2 inches long (average 11 month old, right???)
They did another EKG today. Blake is getting used to all the cords

Echocardiogram

Blake will need your prayers this Thursday (and so will John and I:) The good news is that after the surgery, he won't need any medication and he will be a healthy normal baby again. Yay for modern medicine!

7 comments:

TAYLOR FAMILY said...

I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers! Hope everything goes well with the surgery. By the way, your Blake is only two pounds lighter than my Zoe! Too funny! little chunker!

Tyler and Nicole Anderson said...

We will be praying for you all this week! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys! We love you guys!

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Good luck with everything. You will for sure be in our thoughts & prayers this week! Let us know hos it goes & if you need anything.

The Peterson's said...

I cannot believe how big he looks! When I look at this baby pictures he looks like a different boy. Good luck on Thursday. I will definitely be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

anya said...

I just know it's gunna go great! I have been thinking about you lots this week.... and will continue to do so tomorrow! Loves!

jason and shelli said...

We will pray for you guys! Good luck!

Jason and Tawni said...

I hate seing pictures of him all hooked up to cords and monitors but I am hoping that the surgery fixed the issues with his heart. I can't believe how strong you are. I would be a mess. Hang in there Jen!