Thursday, November 19, 2009
More good news!
Blake got to come home from the hospital yesterday! On Friday the doctors told us that he may be in the hospital for as long as a month, so you can imagine how excited we were when they told us that he could go home on Wednesday! He had a huge turnaround starting Sunday evening and continued to get better over the next couple days. I think he is as excited to be home as we are to have him home. He is doing great. He is on 3 different medications that he has to take twice a day. We have to listen to his heart 3 times per day to make sure it isn't beating too fast or too slow. We will be following up with cardiologists regularly until Blake is 1 and then they will try to wean him off of his medications. If he is able to maintain his heart rate on his own, he will not need to have an ablation, otherwise, they will do it when he weighs about 30 pounds, which at the rate he's growing, could be sooner that we think:) We feel so blessed to have had such great doctors and nurses and such supportive family and friends to help us through this. Once we realized that Blake was going to be okay, we took some pictures to document the whole ordeal, so I will post those later, but just wanted to let everyone know that he is home and doing well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am working right now and I am so glad that you AREN'T here!!! Let me know if I can help you in any way... and if you need a trained professional to babysit... you just give me a call! ;)
Sooo good to hear! I'm glad he's doing well and I hope you are too!
YEAH!!! You and your cute fam have been in our prayers! Hope all continues to be okay...
I am so happy you guys are all home and going well.
So glad that Blake was able to come. You guys are on my mind all the time. You have a little fighter. I hope and pray that things continue to go well.
such good news!! I'm so happy he's home.
I'm so sorry to hear about everything that has been going on. It's great to see things getting better! We will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Tyler and Nicole Anderson
Post a Comment