Monday, November 16, 2009
Update
The cardiologists just came in to see Blake and after a rough and emotional weekend where I felt like we weren't making any progress, I had to share some good news. Last night, Blake converted into a normal heart rhythm and stayed in one for 5 hours, which is the longest he has stayed in since we have been here. They were able to turn off the IV drip that has been running since Thursday and he is now taking all of his medications by mouth. He still converts back and forth between a normal rhythm and the tachycardia, but he seems to be staying in a normal rhythm more than he is out of one. He was able to get some good sleep last night and he was a very happy boy this morning. Our nurse today let me take off all of the leads and lines that he is hooked up to and I was able to give him a bath. They have the little pink buckets that they use to give newborns their first baths and we filled it up and stuck him in there and he looked at me like "mom, I don't fit in here!" It was pretty funny! They are going to do an echo of his heart today to make sure that his cardiac function hasn't declined from last week. If he is able to keep his heart rate down and stay in a normal rhythm most of the day today without the IV drip running, he may be able to transfer out of the ICU in the morning! They also placed a PICC line on Saturday so they are able to give meds and draw labs without having to poke him, which makes him and me very happy. He has been laying in his crib in only a diaper so they could monitor his heart and his color, etc all week and they let me put clothes on him last night. Now that he has clothes on and they have been able to remove some of his lines, he is looking more and more like my cuddly, healthy baby. Thank you everyone for your fasting, your faith and your prayers. I know we are not getting through this alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW!!! Good news. I hope that all goes well and that you get out of the unit. A real room will be a nice change. Blake is such a trooper and so are his parents!
Hang in there.
Jen, Linds told me you were up at Primary's and I now know why! I am so sorry that Little Blake is having to go through so much, but I am sure he is doing better because of all the support his parents are giving him. You and Jon are amazing, stay strong and please let me know if your sweet family needs anything. I would love to bring dinner over when you get home with Blake, please let us help and know we are praying for you!
Oh jen! I know what is't like to be in the ICU and it SUCKS! I'm so sorry to hear about your little Blake, but we will keep him, you and John in our prayers that all will be well and that everything will be ok. Love you!
thanks for the blog update! It is great, then we don't feel we are bombarding you with phone calls. I can bring in dinner?
Jen- this is great news! I'm sorry this is happening :o( Are you @ Primary's? I'd love to pop up and see you and little Blake sometime soon. I hope he continues to improve. Good luck!
Post a Comment